HOW ACCELEDENT® WORKS
- How does AcceleDent work?
AcceleDent’s SoftPulse Technology® releases a safe, e ective and gentle pulsation that transmits through the roots of your teeth to the surrounding bone socket. This helps accelerate the cellular response and speeds the rate with which your teeth can move. When used in conjunction with orthodontics, AcceleDent has been clinically proven to move teeth up to 50% faster.
- Is AcceleDent safe?
Yes. AcceleDent with SoftPulse Technology has been demonstrated to be safe and reliable in U.S. clinical trials.
- How is my orthodontic treatment accelerated?
Your orthodontics work on their own by moving your teeth in specific directions. AcceleDent accelerates this process with SoftPulse Technology to generate small vibrations, or micropulses to enhance the movements directed by your orthodontist and allow for faster tooth movement.
- Where can I find information on how to use AcceleDent?
Please view the Use and Care video at: acceledent.com/how-it-works/use-care-videos
- How do I know if I am biting into the Mouthpiece with the right amount of force?
Bite pressure on the Mouthpiece should be just firm enough to hold AcceleDent in place without using your hands. Avoid biting forcibly on the Mouthpiece as that may cause excessive wear.
- May I use my AcceleDent while I am sleeping?
Here are five essential questions that we will cover during the initial examination:
No, it is not recommended to use AcceleDent while sleeping.
- May I use my AcceleDent when it is charging?
No, the AcceleDent will not turn on when the USB is engaged. If you are using your device and the the battery depletes its charge, you will need to recharge your device and start your session again.
- Do I have to complete the full 20-minute session at one time?
Yes, it is recommended that you use your AcceleDent for a continuous 20-minute session each day.
- If I need to interrupt the 20-minute session, will the device track my last usage time upon restarting the session?
Yes, your device will track the length of your last session as long as the interruption time does not exceed five minutes. After five minutes of being turned o , your device will operate for a full 20-minute session during your next use.
- If I use my AcceleDent for more than the recommended 20-minute session time, will it add incremental benefit?
No, additional daily use greater than the prescribed 20-minute session is not recommended.
- May I share my AcceleDent device with another person?
No. AcceleDent is FDA-cleared, single user prescription device. Sharing the AcceleDent device and/or the Mouthpiece is prohibited. Your orthodontist prescribed AcceleDent for your use only based upon your unique orthodontic treatment plan. Use of AcceleDent without the supervision and direction of an orthodontist may result in adverse unintended consequences.
- What is indicated if my Activator stops working and displays a flashing and alternating green and orange LED indicator light?
The Activator will deactivate after completing the equivalent of 18 months of 20-minute daily sessions. If you are still receiving orthodontic treatment, please contact your orthodontist.
- Why did the date change on my FastTrac Usage Report?
Your Activator will show the date and time based on your last session completed. The date on your Usage Report will reset to factory default settings if your Activator battery is fully drained (no flashing LED indicator lights or vibration). Please refer to the FastTrac Usage Report section in the Directions for Use to reset the date.
- How often does my AcceleDent device need to be recharged?
The Activator should be recharged every three to five days based on the intended use of one 20-minute session per day. When the device is turned on, the orange indicator light will flash if the battery needs to be charged.
- What is the best way to clean my AcceleDent?
The Mouthpiece should always be removed from the Activator and then rinsed well with lukewarm water after each use. The Activator may be wiped with a soft cloth as necessary. It is recommended that you allow your AcceleDent device to air dry before being stored in the Travel Case. Do not place the Mouthpiece or the Activator in a dishwasher as this will void the warranty and may cause damage to the product.
- May I use my AcceleDent device in the shower?
No, AcceleDent is not moisture resistant and should not be placed in any environment where moisture is present.
- What type of battery does my AcceleDent device contain?
AcceleDent’s rechargeable battery is a medical-grade lithium polymer battery.
- What should I do with my AcceleDent device once my treatment is complete?
You should dispose of your AcceleDent as you would any other device with a rechargeable battery. Reference the “Disposal” section of the Directions for Use manual for further details.
- Is my AcceleDent device under warranty?
Yes, your AcceleDent is under warranty for one year providing it has been registered. To register your device, please visit: acceledent.com/warranty. Warranty details can be found in the Directions for Use manual.